Sleep is a pillar of health. Suffering and illness follow lack of quality sleep.
Good news: there is A LOT you can do without spending a dime to improve your sleep.
Bad news: YOU have to do it. There’s no magic pill!
1. Humans evolved w the day/night = light/dark cycle of the earth. In order to produce hormones for sleep, your eyes must interpret the light changes. So, lower lights in the house once the sun sets.
2. Your devices stimulate brain waves that are opposite to the waves needed for sleep. Turn them off or airplane mode. Instead, read a real book or journal.
3. Calm that active mind with writing out your thoughts or using a mantra. See my video where I demonstrate my mantra of choice.
4. Love your body w hot bath or shower and gentle stretching.
5. Lots of sleepy time herbal blends on the market are helpful. I like kava kava. and always x3 the tea bags.
6. Extended release melatonin until the above practices are ingrained enough & your body is producing enough of its own.
See my video for details and info behind all these steps.
Also, pls remember I am a doctor, just not your doctor. Therefore, this info should be interpreted as educational and not direct medical advice. DM for consultation.
Lmk any other tips you have for achieving great sleep!
#sleep #greatsleep #selfcare #empowered #naturalliving #loving #healthyself #heathy #happy #free #sleeplikeababy #naturalremedies